Fireworks are a "booming" business in the United States (pun intended!). But, while selling them may be a blast, the industry offers very real opportunities for successful entrepreneurs.
Each year around the Independence Day holiday, families and individuals crowd into their local fireworks tents, stands and retail locations looking for the best bang for their buck. Many people visit more than one location annually and spend considerable amounts of money on pyrotechnic fun and entertainment. According to the American Pyrotechnics Association, the revenue produced from consumer fireworks sales add up to $755 million annually. With that kind of revenue, it's not surprising that there are nearly 250 pounds of fireworks sold yearly.
It could be YOUR business people are visiting. You could be the one earning that income. Your products could be the ones featured in their celebrations. The fireworks business could be right for YOU!
Why should you become a fireworks dealer?
- The fireworks industry is a strong market. Unlike other ventures you might be considering, fireworks are products that appeal to nearly every demographic in the U.S. Everybody buys fireworks. Pyrotechnic fun isn't limited to the north or south. It's a recreational pastime enjoyed by everyone. Who doesn't like a good fireworks show? Instead of opening a business where some people are interested in your products, consider starting one that sells items everybody likes. There is a price point for anyone. And, since 2000, revenues have increased by over 85 percent.
- The system is easy and proven. Jake's Fireworks partners with you to ensure you have the tools, knowledge and best products available for the public. They have a successful track record that includes systems of selling to ensure a new business owner’s best chance of thriving.
- The schedule is unique. Many states have limitations as to when fireworks can be sold, which means you won't be working full-time at a retail location throughout the year. Big money can be earned during a very short amount of time, if you're willing to put in the hours during the selling seasons. Of course, off-season efforts are required, too. But, the schedule is much more relaxed. The benefits of earning the majority of your income during a short timeframe are huge!
- Fireworks are flat-out fun. Some retailers put on displays for their consumers prior to the sales season opening, as a welcome and a way to advertise their products. Others simply enjoy the enthusiasm of their customers as they purchase their products for their celebrations. Getting to help them find the perfect items for their shows is rewarding and exciting.
Is the fireworks business easy? Not necessarily. But, is it lucrative and enjoyable? Absolutely!
Are you cut out for it? Ask yourself the following questions:
- Are you a hard worker?
- Do you want to earn a thriving income in a short amount of time?
- Do you enjoy helping others?
- Can you follow simple instructions?
- Do you like to have fun?